LAST MODIFIED: November 29, 2012
The GuySpy Website is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) such as names, address, phone number or email addresses, from individual who are less than 18 years of age.
What Types of Information Are Collected and Used?
In addition to the PII collected by GuySpy, GuySpy members may also choose to provide or store additional PII information either through the sharing of location information or in their public or semi-public profiles, including, but not limited to, date of birth, interests, hobbies, lifestyles, groups or communities with whom you associate (schools, companies, politics), videos and/or pictures, private messages, bulletins or personal statements (collectively “Profile Information”). Location and Profile Information is provided voluntarily at a User’s sole discretion and is generally outside of this policy. GuySpy members can change their Registration PII, their location sharing and Profile Information at any time and can control how visitors, other members, and GuySpy communicate with them by controlling their account settings, available within the “Edit Profile” portion of their GuySpy profile.
Why We Collect PII
How We Use PII
PII may be used for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you, and to provide ongoing service. For example, when you register as a member to use the GuySpy Services, we collect information allowing us to confirm your identity, and accurately bill and collect for the GuySpy Services you receive. We may also collect credit card or bank account information, based on your preferred method of payment for the GuySpy Services. Profile Information you provide in structured profile fields or questions (“Structured Profile Information”), information you add to open-ended profile fields and questions (“Non-Structured Profile Information”) and other voluntarily provided PII may also be used to customize the online ads you encounter to those we believe are aligned with your interests. For example, based on your music interests we might display an advertisement to make sure you are advised when your favorite band is coming to town.
- To market our services. With your consent, we may use your telephone number, email address, and/or mailing address to send you information regarding special offers, contests, affiliated products and/or services, and other initiatives we think may be of interest to you (“Marketing Communications”). You can opt out from receiving Marketing Communications at any time by using the methods outlined below. Without your consent, we may also send you important communications related to your membership account such as service announcements and administrative messages (“Membership Communications”). Membership Communications are a feature of your account and allowing delivery may be a condition of using the GuySpy Services.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements. For example, we may use information to respond to a subpoena, court order, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To allow Users to get the most out of the GuySpy Services. In order to locate other GuySpy Members that you may already know in the physical world. GuySpy also allows Users to browse for certain Profile Information in order to help connect with Members (i.e. schools and/or companies where Users may have attended or worked). GuySpy may also enable Members to publicly display some Registration PII as an element of their Profile Information if they choose to do so via a profile setting under “Edit Profile.” Search engines may index the portion of a Member’s profile (including the Profile Information it contains) that is publicly displayed.
How We Use Non-PII
From time to time, we may ask you to provide us with non-PII which does not allow us to identify you specifically, such as location, IP address, zip code, GuySpy Services usage preferences, and demographic data such as income bracket, age, or gender. Your non-PII may be aggregated and used internally, or may be shared with third parties for any lawful purpose, without your permission. Third parties will not be able to use this information to identify you in any way.
Some of the ways in which we may use your non-PII include (including location):
- To manage and develop the GuySpy Services. We track and analyze customer usage of the GuySpy Services and its supporting facilities in the aggregate to help us market our services, maximize efficiency, plan for future growth, and identify features for enhancing your overall user experience.
- To manage and develop our website. We track and analyze customer usage of the GuySpy Services in the aggregate to maintain our website and/or identify problems on our servers.
In addition, here are some of the ways in which we may use your location information:
- Determining location. We may determine your location either through the GPS in your mobile device or through an approximation of your location based on the IP address of your general location.
- Location restrictions. You may adjust your profile settings to prevent the sharing of your location, to generalize your location or to provide your specific location.
- Use of location information. We use your location information to search for other users and present them to you based on their distance from your location. We also use your location information to place you on a map for other users to see.
When Do We Disclose Your Information?
We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. We may disclose personal information about you to third parties only when:
- we have your consent to disclose the information;
- we need to disclose the information to affiliates or companies who work on our behalf to provide you with the GuySpy Services (these companies do not have any right to use your personal information beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; or
Any such disclosure of your personal information is made on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We protect your personal information and right to privacy as follows:
- we will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- we will limit access to your personal information to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide you with the GuySpy Services, or to effectively do their jobs;
- we will maintain the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies;
- we will honor any request you may make for access to your personal information.
Providing, Accessing, and Editing Your Information
- In general, you can choose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information at any time. However, you must understand that if you make this choice, we may not be able to provide you with the service, promotion, or information that you requested.
- You may verify or request the removal of the personal information we have collected by contacting the Privacy Officer using the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Retention of Information
The Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Stark Mobile Technologies
176 E Jewett Blvd, Suite 185
White Salmon, WA 98672-0050