GuySpy is the fastest growing online social network for men who like men. Sign up for free & browse hundreds of real, local guys near you.Register Now!
Information We Collect
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
Security and Storing of Information
Persons Under the Age of 18
Links to Third-Party Websites
Updates to This Policy
Your California Privacy Rights
Last Revision Date
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Registration and Profile Information. You can browse our site without providing personal information, but you must register in order to access most of the features of our site or Services. When you register for our Services, we may collect personal information, such as your email address, user name and password, address, phone number, mobile phone number, and date of birth. We may collect billing information if you sign up for premium services. If you take part in any interactive features of the Services (such as any contests, games, promotions, quizzes, surveys, research or other services or features), we may collect additional types of personal information. We collect this information online through our Services and your actions across the website and mobile app may be linked.
- Data collected through the use of the Service. After you set up your account, GuySpy members may also chose to provide additional information which may be shared through public profiles, such as your user name, pictures and/or videos, interests, hobbies, lifestyles, groups or communities with whom you associate (schools, companies, politics, organizations), bulletins or personal statements (collectively, “Profile Information”). You control how much personally identifying information you wish to provide in your public profile.
- Geolocation. We collect location data when you view our site or use our Service. When you visit our website, we determine location based on your IP address. When you use our mobile app or browser-based mobile service or website, we collect your unique user identifier and your location through GPS, WiFi, or wireless network triangulation, or through an approximation of your location based on your IP address in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing our Service, such as to personalize advertising and content and to determine your location in relation to other users of the Service so that we may show your profile to other members on the Service who are located near you and to show your profile to others. We maintain location information only so long as is reasonable to provide the Service and then destroy or depersonalize the location data.
- Messages and User Content. We collect information when you message other members of the Service. We may also retain any messages you send when you communicate with us.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and push notifications, and permit you to locate and communicate with other users of the Service and for other members of the Service to locate and communicate with you. For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
Information About How You Use the Services.
We may collect information about your participation and actions on the Services. This may include information such as the web pages you view, how you use and engage with our Services, how you connect, communicate and share information with other users of our Services, and your free trial membership usage, your purchased membership packages and remaining balance.
Information We Collect From Social Networking Sites.
When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you Like us on Facebook or share through another social media site, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
Information Automatically Collected.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service.
When you access our Services by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device (“Device ID”), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service, and to personalize advertising and content.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) help you locate other users of the Service who are located near you; (c) provide custom, personalized content and information, including behaviorally targeted advertising and geographically targeted advertising; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service. We may associate information we automatically collect with your other information.
- SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES<
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below.
Remember, our Services allow you to connect with others and share information about yourself with other individuals. Your profile information, including your name, photo, location and other personal information, will be available publicly to other members of the Service by default and may be searchable by search engines which may display certain of your information publicly. By using the Service, you consent to have your profile information and your location displayed to other members of the Service. Consider your own privacy and personal safety when logging in to our Service and sharing your information with anyone. Also, when sharing information about others you meet through the Service, please consider their safety and privacy and get their consent for that sharing.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, content or service fulfillment, billing, or providing analytics services;
- Our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example, when running a co-sponsored contest or promotion;
- Third parties who we think may offer you products or services you may enjoy;
- Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your activities on our Services with your friends through social media. .
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Online Advertising. We may share certain information with online advertising networks so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Services as well as on other websites or apps. Typically, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org). Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings. Even if you disable cookies, you may still receive targeted advertisements based on your location.
Location Information. Our Service automatically collects location information from your browser or mobile device and uses your location to send you targeted advertisements, to show you profiles of other members on the Service who are located near you and to show your profile to other users. You can prohibit this collection of location data by adjusting your settings on your browser or mobile device. Additionally, you can choose to not display your location on the Service by adjusting your exact location switch in the settings page of the mobile app or by adjusting your location sharing settings on your device.
Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If your account becomes inactive, we will maintain your personal information in the event you wish to re-engage in our Service.
When you communicate with other users of the Service through our mobile app and/or website, or utilize any interactive features on the Service, such as messaging, forums or chat rooms, such communications and postings are transmitted through our servers, and we may, but are not obligated to, monitor all such communications and postings, including those that are designated as “private,” to the degree that laws and regulations enable us to do this. You acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy with respect to any such communications or postings, and you expressly consent to such monitoring.
- SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
GuySpy cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our Services. The Services are not directed to persons under 18 and we do not intentionally collect or maintain information from persons under 18. If you become aware that personal information about a person under 18 has been provided to us, please immediately contact us using the details below.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
- UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
In the United States:
Attn: Privacy Officer
1685 H Street, Suite 1071
Blaine, WA 98230
Email: Privacy Officer
Alternatively, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
- CONTACTING US
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
1685 H Street, Suite 1071
Blaine, WA 98230
Email: Privacy Officer
- LAST REVISION DATE
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of, May 13, 2015.