Hey Guys, Robbie (GuySpy Editor) here! Just thought I would post a little exciting news on the marriage equality home front. For those of you outside of the US this may not seem so huge. However, every step towards marriage equality is an epic win for all of us as a community. Congratulations Indiana, you have worked so hard for this day.
1. The US 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago on Thursday declared bans against marriage equality in Indiana and Wisconsin to be unconstitutional. Stays remain in effect in both states, which will prevent gay couples from wedding while the states plead the Supreme Court to put the decision on hold. [Huffington Post]
2. Famed comedian and actress Lily Tomlin has been selected to receive the 37th annual Kennedy Center Honors alongside Tom Hanks, Patricia McBride, Al Green, and Sting. [Kennedy-Center.org]
3. Singer-Songwriter Sam Smith stated in a recent interview that he doesn’t want to be a spokesperson for gays, but is rather just living his life and writing music about it. [Digital Spy]
4. Supergirl is joining the likes of Green Arrow and The Flash on the small screen, with help from Greg Berlanti andThe New Normal’s Ali Adler. [Deadline]
5. AMC has ordered a pilot for a Walking Dead companion series meant to explore how the show’s zombie apocalypse is affecting areas outside of Georgia, with showrunning duties going to Sons of Anarchy producer Dave Erickson. [A.V. Club]
6. StonewallUK has teamed up with Paddy Power, Arsenal, and the Gay Football Supporters Network to give Homophobia a red card: